Redistricting Data, First Look at Local 2010 Census Results
Public Information Office
Data Release Process:
1. Pre-release announcement — A week ahead, we'll announce which states to anticipate the following week. (Subscribe to receive the media advisories [media | non-media].)
2. Shipment to State Leadership — We'll ship the data to the state leadership (ex. governor, majority and minority leaders) first, as required by law. We will also issue a media advisory notifying media when we ship the data to each state.
3. Confirmation, FTP Site and News Release — The following day, we'll confirm the state leaders' receipt of the data. We will then release the full data set to our FTP download site and post a news release and custom tables [XLS] with top line data for that state. (Tech tips)
4. Full Data Set in American FactFinder within 24 Hours — Within 24 hours, the data will also be available on American FactFinder, the Census Bureau's online data search tool.
Which States Have Been Released:
(see Interactive Map Widget)
• News Release Table Shells [XLS] — Top line data provided with the news release.
• 2010 Census Redistricting Data (P.L. 94-171) Summary File [XLS] — Full data set available on FTP download site at the same time as the news release and then on American FactFinder within 24 hours.
• View Census 2000 redistricting data
WEBINAR — Monday, Jan. 31, 2011:
• Media Advisory: Census Bureau to Hold Web Conference on Release of Local 2010 Census Data
• Archived Webinar [WMV]
• Speaker Bios: Cathy McCully, chief, Census Redistricting Data Office [PDF]
• Presentation Slides [PDF]
Operational Press Briefings
Technical Documentation: Redistricting Data (Public Law 94-171) Summary File [PDF]
Redistricting Data Office Web page
Strength in Numbers booklet [PDF]
The 2010 Census Redistricting Data Program Brochure [PDF]
U.S. Census Bureau at a Glance [PDF]
2010 Census Data Products: United States - At A Glance
2010 Census Data Product Descriptions [PDF]
2010 Census Apportionment Results | Press Kit