American Community Survey
How do I get started?—
Gather the materials we mailed to you to start the survey online. You will need information from the address label.
- Go to https://respond.census.gov/acs to complete the survey online.
- Input the information from the address label.
- The system will automatically generate a PIN. Please remember your PIN.
- The PIN will allow you to log back into the survey if the session times out or you need to stop and come back later. The session will time out if left idle for more than 15 minutes.
Can you reset my PIN or give me a new one? —
No. For your security, we will not be able to reset the PIN if it is lost or forgotten.
It is possible to reset the survey if you lose or forget your PIN. Please call
1-800-354-7271 for assistance. Once the survey is reset, you will need to start the
survey from the beginning.
Online or by mail?
- After you reply online, you may receive a questionnaire in the mail. You do not need to mail it back if you have completed the online survey.
- If you prefer not to respond online, please fill out the questionnaire you will receive in the mail and send it back in the postage-paid envelope.
- If you have lost or forgotten your PIN, please fill out the questionnaire you will receive in the mail and send it back in the postage-paid envelope.
Can everyone respond online?—Responding online is NOT an option for these groups (at this time):
- People living in Puerto Rico
- People living in group housing
- People living in homes where the Census Bureau has an incomplete mailing address