Census in Schools
||The United States Census Bureau is an important resource for
data about the people and economy of the United States. The
Census in Schools program promotes data literacy and increases
awareness of Census Bureau products and activities by providing
educators with teaching tools, resource materials, workshops,
and other professional development opportunities.
- Create fun and relevant teaching materials that promote
the use of the Census Bureau as an information resource and
that meet the curriculum objectives of educators.
- Distribute materials to educators via publications, the
toll-free request line, the Internet, conferences and workshops.
- Provide professional development to in-service and
- Maintain relationships with educational organizations.
- The Census in Schools program provides K-12 teaching
tools for educators. These include lesson plans that
correlate with national standards in math, geography, civics
and government, history, economics, and language arts.
- Census in Schools staff will direct educators to other
resources helpful in achieving their curriculum needs.
- The Census Bureau will provide workshops and professional
development opportunities for educators.
- The Census Bureau will provide materials and assistance
for in-service and pre-service development courses.
- Census in Schools staff will exhibit at conferences of
national education associations.
- Partner with educational organizations and associations
as a means of ensuring quality products and distribution