31171 Seafood Product Preparation and Packaging
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in one or more of the following manufacturing activities:
- canning seafood (including soup);
- smoking, salting, and drying seafood;
- eviscerating fresh fish by removing heads, fins, scales, bones, and entrails;
- shucking and packing fresh shellfish;
- processing marine fats and oils; and
- freezing seafood.
Establishments known as "floating factory ships" that are engaged in the gathering and processing of seafood into canned seafood products are also included in this industry.