2007 Economic Census
More Data in Survey of Business Owners Reports
Totals for minority business owners, omitted in 2002, will be reinstated for 2007.
New data on owner characteristics will include:
- whether the owner was born in the U.S.,
- the year the owner acquired the business
- and how the business was acquired.
New data on business characteristics will include:
- language(s) used for business transactions with customers,
- percent of sales outside the United States,
- outsourcing to businesses outside the United States,
- use of the Internet and e-commerce
- and presence of different employee fringe benefits (e,g., healthcare, retirement, defined contribution plans and vacation/holiday pay).
New to American FactFinder, Characteristics of Veteran-Owned Businesses and Characteristics of Veteran Business Owners reports will be available in June 2011.
Source: U.S. Census Bureau | 2007 Economic Census | Last Revised: June 22, 2012