Welcome to E-Stats - the U.S. Census Bureau's Internet site devoted exclusively to "Measuring the Electronic Economy." This site features recent and upcoming releases, information on methodology, and background papers.
The 2011 E-commerce multi-sector E-Stats report was released on May 23, 2013.
The 2012 E-Stats report will be available May 2014.
In the meantime, the surveys covered by the E-Stats report will individually release e-commerce estimates prior to the 2012 E-Stats Report.
The schedule of releases is:
Service Annual Survey (SAS): December 18, 2013
- Estimated E-Commerce Revenue for Employer Firms: 1998 through 2012 Excel [63KB]
Annual Wholesale Trade Survey (AWTS): February 28, 2014
- Total and E-Commerce Sales of U.S. Merchant Wholesalers: 2012 and 2011 Excel [54kb] Historical Excel [48kb]
- Total and E-Commerce Sales of U.S. Merchant Wholesalers, except MSBOs: 2012 and 2011 Excel [52kb] Historical Excel [48kb]
- Total and E-Commerce Sales of MSBOs: 2012 and 2011 Excel [41kb] Historical Excel [47kb]
Annual Retail Trade Survey (ARTS): March 31, 2014
- U.S. Retail Trade Sales - Total and E-commerce: 1998 - 2012 Excel [40KB]
- U.S. Electronic Shopping and Mail-Order Houses (NAICS 4541) - Total and E-commerce Sales by Merchandise Line: 1999 - 2012 Excel [40KB]
- Measures of Sampling Variability 2012 - E-commerce Excel [38KB]
- Measures of Sampling Variability 2012 - E-commerce Sales by Merchandise Line Excel [37KB]
Annual Survey of Manufactures (ASM): May 2014
Once e-commerce estimates have been released from each survey that contributes to the E-Stats report, the Census Bureau will release the 2012 E-Stats report and associated tables on this page.