2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in (1) growing crops (except oilseeds and/or grains; vegetables and/or melons; fruits and/or tree nuts; greenhouse, nursery and/or floriculture products; tobacco; cotton; sugarcane; or hay) or (2) growing a combination of crops (except a combination of oilseed(s) and grain(s); and a combination of fruit(s) and tree nut(s)) with no one crop or family of crops accounting for one-half of the establishment's agricultural production (i.e., value of crops for market).
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Growing oilseeds and/or wheat, corn, rice, or other grains--are classified in Industry Group 1111, Oilseed and Grain Farming;
- Growing vegetables and/or melons--are classified in Industry Group 1112, Vegetable and Melon Farming;
- Growing fruits and/or tree nuts--are classified in Industry Group 1113, Fruit and Tree Nut Farming;
- Growing greenhouse, nursery, and/or floriculture products--are classified in Industry Group 1114, Greenhouse, Nursery, and Floriculture Production;
- Growing tobacco--are classified in Industry 11191, Tobacco Farming;
- Growing cotton--are classified in Industry 11192, Cotton Farming;
- Growing sugarcane--are classified in Industry 11193, Sugarcane Farming;
- Growing hay--are classified in Industry 11194, Hay Farming; and
- Growing algae, seaweed, or other aquatic plants--are classified in Industry 11251, Aquaculture.