2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in (1) farm raising of aquatic animals (except finfish and shellfish) and/or (2) farm raising of aquatic plants. Alligator, algae, frog, seaweed, or turtle production is included in this industry.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Miscellaneous fishing activities, such as catching or taking of terrapins, turtles, and frogs in their natural habitat--are classified in U.S. Industry 114119, Other Marine Fishing;
- Farm raising finfish--are classified in U.S. Industry 112511, Finfish Farming and Fish Hatcheries;
- Farm raising shellfish--are classified in U.S. Industry 112512, Shellfish Farming; and
- Growing hydroponic crops--are classified in Industry 111419, Other Food Crops Grown Under Cover.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Algae farming
- Alligator production, farm raising
- Animal aquaculture (except finfish, shellfish)
- Frog production, farm raising
- Plant aquaculture
- Sea plant agriculture
- Seaweed farming
- Turtle production, farm raising