2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing support activities for growing crops.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Performing crop production that are generally known as farms, orchards, groves, or vineyards (including sharecroppers and tenant farms)--are classified in the appropriate crop industry within Subsector 111, Crop Production;
- Providing support activities for forestry--are classified in Industry 11531, Support Activities for Forestry;
- Landscaping and horticultural services, such as lawn and maintenance care and ornamental shrub and tree services--are classified in Industry 56173, Landscaping Services;
- Land clearing, land leveling, and earth moving for terracing, ponds, and irrigation--are classified in Industry 23891, Site Preparation Contractors;
- Artificially drying and dehydrating fruits and vegetables--are classified in Industry 31142, Fruit and Vegetable Canning, Pickling, and Drying;
- Stemming and redrying tobacco--are classified in Industry 31221, Tobacco Stemming and Redrying;
- Providing water for irrigation--are classified in Industry 22131, Water Supply and Irrigation Systems; and
- Buying farm products, such as fruits or vegetables, for resale to other wholesalers or retailers, and preparing them for market or further processing--are classified in Industry 42448, Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Merchant Wholesalers.