2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in: (1) developing the mine site, mining, and/or beneficiating (i.e., preparing) copper and/or nickel ores; and (2) recovering copper concentrates by the precipitation, leaching, or electrowinning of copper ore.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in refining copper concentrates are classified in U.S. Industry 331411, Primary Smelting and Refining of Copper.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Chalcocite mining and/or beneficiating
- Chalcopyrite mining and/or beneficiating
- Copper beneficiating plants
- Copper ore concentrates recovery
- Copper ore mine site development for own account
- Copper ores mining and/or beneficiating
- Copper-water precipitates
- Cuprite mining and/or beneficiating
- Nickel concentrates recovery
- Nickel ore beneficiating plants
- Nickel ore mine site development for own account
- Nickel ores mining and/or beneficiating