2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in one or more of the following: (1) operating commercial grade (i.e., construction) sand and gravel pits; (2) dredging for commercial grade sand and gravel; and (3) washing, screening, or otherwise preparing commercial grade sand and gravel.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in mining industrial grade sand are classified in U.S. Industry 212322, Industrial Sand Mining.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Common sand quarrying and/or beneficiating
- Construction sand and gravel beneficiating (e.g., grinding, screening, washing)
- Construction sand or gravel dredging
- Gravel quarrying and/or beneficiating
- Pebbles (except grinding) mining and/or beneficiating
- Sand and gravel quarrying (i.e., construction grade) and/or beneficiating
- Sand, construction grade, quarrying and/or beneficiating