2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in operating sewer systems or sewage treatment facilities that collect, treat, and dispose of waste.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Operating waste treatment or disposal facilities (except sewer systems or sewage treatment facilities)--are classified in Industry 56221, Waste Treatment and Disposal;
- Pumping (i.e., cleaning) septic tanks and cesspools--are classified in U.S. Industry 562991, Septic Tank and Related Services; and
- Cleaning and rodding sewers and catch basins--are classified in U.S. Industry 562998, All Other Miscellaneous Waste Management Services.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Collection, treatment, and disposal of waste through a sewer system
- Sewage disposal plants
- Sewage treatment plants or facilities
- Sewer systems
- Waste collection, treatment, and disposal through a sewer system