2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in one or more of the following: (1) milling flour or meal from grains or vegetables; (2) preparing flour mixes or doughs from flour milled in the same establishment; (3) milling, cleaning, and polishing rice; and (4) manufacturing malt from barley, rye, or other grains.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Preparing breakfast cereals from flour milled in the same establishment--are classified in Industry 31123, Breakfast Cereal Manufacturing;
- Crushing soybeans or wet milling corn and vegetables--are classified in Industry 31122, Starch and Vegetable Fats and Oils Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing prepared flour mixes or doughs from flour ground elsewhere--are classified in Industry 31182, Cookie, Cracker, and Pasta Manufacturing;
- Brewing malt beverages--are classified in Industry 31212, Breweries;
- Mixing purchased dried and dehydrated ingredients with purchased rice--are classified in Industry 31199, All Other Food Manufacturing;
- Drying and/or dehydrating ingredients and packaging them with purchased rice--are classified in Industry 31142, Fruit and Vegetable Canning, Pickling, and Drying; and
- Manufacturing malt extract and syrups--are classified in Industry 31194, Seasoning and Dressing Manufacturing.