2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in one or more of the following: (1) wet milling corn and vegetables; (2) crushing oilseeds and tree nuts; (3) refining and/or blending vegetable oils; (4) manufacturing shortening and margarine; and (5) blending purchased animal fats with vegetable fats.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing table syrups from corn syrup and starch base dessert powders--are classified in Industry 31199, All Other Food Manufacturing;
- Reducing maple sap to maple syrup--are classified in Industry 11199, All Other Crop Farming;
- Milling flour or meal from grains and vegetables--are classified in Industry 31121, Flour Milling and Malt Manufacturing;
- Wet milling corn to produce nonpotable ethyl alcohol--are classified in Industry 32519, Other Basic Organic Chemical Manufacturing;
- Rendering or refining animal fats and oils--are classified in Industry 31161, Animal Slaughtering and Processing; and
- Manufacturing laundry starches--are classified in Industry 32561, Soap and Cleaning Compound Manufacturing.