2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing bread and other bakery products not for immediate consumption made on the premises from flour, not from prepared dough.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing bakery products not for immediate consumption made elsewhere--are classified in U.S. Industry 445291, Baked Goods Stores;
- Preparing and selling bakery products (e.g., cookies, pretzels) for immediate consumption--are classified in U.S. Industry 722213, Snack and Nonalcoholic Beverage Bars;
- Manufacturing fresh or frozen breads and other fresh bakery (except cookies and crackers) products--are classified in U.S. Industry 311812, Commercial Bakeries; and
- Manufacturing cookies and crackers--are classified in U.S. Industry 311821, Cookie and Cracker Manufacturing.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Bakeries with baking from flour on the premises, retailing not for immediate consumption