2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in the stemming and redrying of tobacco.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Reconstituting tobacco--are classified in U.S. Industry 312229, Other Tobacco Product Manufacturing;
- Selling leaf tobacco as merchant wholesalers that also engage in stemming tobacco--are classified in Industry 424940, Tobacco and Tobacco Product Merchant Wholesalers; and
- Selling leaf tobacco as agents or brokers that also engage in stemming tobacco--are classified in Industry 425120, Wholesale Trade Agents and Brokers.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Tobacco leaf processing and aging
- Tobacco stemming and redrying