2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises (1) establishments primarily engaged in finishing of textiles, fabrics, and apparel, and (2) establishments of converters who buy fabric goods in the grey, have them finished on contract, and sell at wholesale. Finishing operations include: bleaching, dyeing, printing (e.g., roller, screen, flock, plisse), stonewashing, and other mechanical finishing, such as preshrinking, shrinking, sponging, calendering, mercerizing, and napping; as well as cleaning, scouring, and the preparation of natural fibers and raw stock.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Coating or impregnating fabrics--are classified in Industry 31332, Fabric Coating Mills;
- Knitting or knitting and finishing fabric--are classified in Industry 31324, Knit Fabric Mills; Manufacturing and finishing apparel--are classified in
- Subsector 315, Apparel Manufacturing;
- Weaving and finishing fabrics--are classified in Industry Group 3132, Fabric Mills;
- Manufacturing and finishing rugs and carpets--are classified in Industry 31411, Carpet and Rug Mills; and
- Printing on apparel--are classified in Industry 32311, Printing.