2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing nonapparel textile products (except carpet, rugs, curtains, linens, bags, and canvas products) from purchased materials. This industry includes establishments primarily engaged in decorative stitching such as embroidery or other art needlework on textile products, including apparel.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing yarns and thread--are classified in Industry 31311, Fiber, Yarn, and Thread Mills;
- Manufacturing carpets and rugs--are classified in Industry 31411, Carpet and Rug Mills; Manufacturing apparel--are classified in
- Subsector 315, Apparel Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing curtains and linens--are classified in Industry 31412, Curtain and Linen Mills; and
- Manufacturing textile bags and canvas products--are classified in Industry 31491, Textile Bag and Canvas Mills.