2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing rope, cable, cordage, twine, and related products from all materials (e.g., abaca, sisal, henequen, hemp, cotton, paper, jute, flax, manmade fibers including glass).
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in spinning yarns and filaments are classified in U.S. Industry 313111, Yarn Spinning Mills.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Cord (except tire, wire) manufacturing
- Cordage (except wire) manufacturing
- Fabricated rope products (e.g., nets, slings) made in cordage or twine mills
- Ropes (except wire rope) manufacturing
- Strings (except musical instrument) manufacturing
- Twines manufacturing