2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing cut and sew apparel from purchased fabric (except men's, boys', women's, and girls' apparel). This industry includes establishments manufacturing apparel, such as fur apparel, leather apparel, infants' apparel, costumes, and clerical vestments.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing men's and boys' apparel from purchased fabric--are classified in Industry 31522, Men's and Boys' Cut and Sew Apparel Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing women's and girls' apparel from purchased fabric--are classified in Industry 31523, Women's and Girls' Cut and Sew Apparel Manufacturing;
- Knitting apparel or knitting fabric and manufacturing apparel--are classified in Industry Group 3151, Apparel Knitting Mills;
- Cutting and/or sewing materials owned by others for apparel--are classified in Industry 31521, Cut and Sew Apparel Contractors;
- Manufacturing fur and leather mittens and gloves--are classified in Industry 31599, Apparel Accessories and Other Apparel Manufacturing; and
- Dyeing and dressing furs--are classified in Industry 31611, Leather and Hide Tanning and Finishing.