2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing leather products (except footwear and apparel) from purchased leather or leather substitutes (e.g., fabric, plastics).
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing leather apparel--are classified in Industry 31529, Other Cut and Sew Apparel Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing leather gloves, mittens, belts, and apparel accessories--are classified in Industry 31599, Apparel Accessories and Other Apparel Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing footwear--are classified in Industry 31621, Footwear Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing nonleather soles--are classified elsewhere based on the primary input material;
- Manufacturing small articles made of metal carried on or about the person made of metal--are classified in Industry 33991, Jewelry and Silverware Manufacturing; and
- Manufacturing leather gaskets--are classified in Industry 33999, All Other Miscellaneous Manufacturing.