2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in making manufactured homes (i.e., mobile homes) and nonresidential mobile buildings. Manufactured homes are designed to accept permanent water, sewer, and utility connections and although equipped with wheels, they are not intended for regular highway movement.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing prefabricated wood buildings not equipped with wheels--are classified in U.S. Industry 321992, Prefabricated Wood Building Manufacturing; and
- Manufacturing travel trailers with self-contained facilities for storage of water and waste--are classified in U.S. Industry 336214, Travel Trailer and Camper Manufacturing.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Buildings, mobile, commercial use, manufacturing
- Houses, prefabricated mobile homes, manufacturing
- Manufactured (mobile) buildings for commercial use (e.g., banks, offices) manufacturing
- Manufactured (mobile) classrooms manufacturing
- Manufactured (mobile) homes manufacturing
- Mobile home manufacturing