2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in one or more of the following: (1) cutting and coating paper and paperboard; (2) cutting and laminating paper, paperboard, and other flexible materials (except plastics film to plastics film); (3) manufacturing bags, multiwall bags, sacks of paper, metal foil, coated paper, laminates, or coated combinations of paper and foil with plastics film; (4) manufacturing laminated aluminum and other converted metal foils from purchased foils; and (5) surface coating paper or paperboard.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing paper from pulp--are classified in Industry 32212, Paper Mills;
- Manufacturing photographic sensitized paper--are classified in Industry 32599, All Other Chemical Product and Preparation Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing textile bags--are classified in Industry 31491, Textile Bag and Canvas Mills;
- Manufacturing single and multiwall plastics bags or plastics laminated bags--are classified in Industry 32611, Plastics Packaging Materials and Unlaminated Film and Sheet Manufacturing;
- Making aluminum and aluminum foil--are classified in Industry 33131, Alumina and Aluminum Production and Processing; and
- Cutting purchased aluminum foil into smaller lengths and widths--are classified in Industry 33299, All Other Fabricated Metal Product Manufacturing.