2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in performing one or more of the following activities associated with the manufacture of paper packaging materials: (1) cutting and coating paper; and (2) cutting and laminating paper with other flexible packaging materials (except foil to paper laminates). The products manufactured by establishments in this industry are made from purchased sheet materials and may be printed in the same establishment.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing coated or laminated paper for nonpackaging purposes--are classified in U.S. Industry 322222, Coated and Laminated Paper Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing plastics to plastics packaging laminations--are classified in U.S. Industry 326112, Plastics Packaging Film and Sheet (including Laminated) Manufacturing;
- Printing on purchased packaging materials--are classified in Industry Group 3231, Printing and Related Support Activities, based on printing process used;
- Manufacturing foil to paper packaging laminations or laminating aluminum foil for flexible packaging uses--are classified in U.S. Industry 322225, Laminated Aluminum Foil Manufacturing for Flexible Packaging Uses;
- Manufacturing unsupported plastic film--are classified in U.S. Industry 326113, Unsupported Plastics Film and Sheet (except Packaging) Manufacturing;
- Making aluminum and aluminum foil--are classified in Industry 33131, Alumina and Aluminum Production and Processing;
- Cutting purchased aluminum foil into smaller lengths and widths--are classified in U.S. Industry 332999, All Other Miscellaneous Fabricated Metal Product Manufacturing; and
- Manufacturing paper from pulp--are classified in Industry 32212, Paper Mills.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Coating purchased papers for packaging applications
- Flexible packaging sheet materials (except foil-paper laminates) made by coating or laminating purchased paper
- Laminating purchased papers for packaging applications
- Waxed paper for packaging applications made from purchased paper