2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. Industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing: (1) bags or pouches of coated paper; (2) bags or pouches of metal foil; and/or (3) bags or pouches of paper laminated with plastics and/or foil. The products manufactured by establishments in this industry are made from purchased roll stock and may be printed in the same establishment.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing uncoated paper bags and multiwall bags and sacks--are classified in U.S. Industry 322224, Uncoated Paper and Multiwall Bag Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing textile bags--are classified in U.S. Industry 314911, Textile Bag Mills;
- Manufacturing single and multiwall plastics bags--are classified in U.S. Industry 326111, Plastics Bag and Pouch Manufacturing; and
- Printing on purchased packaging materials--are classified in Industry Group 3231, Printing and Related Support Activities, based on printing process used.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Bags (except plastics only) made by laminating or coating combinations of purchased plastics, foil and paper
- Bags, coated paper, made from purchased paper
- Bags, foil, made from purchased foil
- Foil bags made from purchased foil
- Paper bags, coated, made from purchased paper