2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in traditional printing activities, such as short-run offset printing or prepress services, in combination with providing document photocopying service. Prepress services include receiving documents in electronic format and directly duplicating from the electronic file and formatting, colorizing, and otherwise modifying the original document to improve presentation. These establishments, known as quick printers, generally provide short-run printing and copying with fast turnaround times.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Providing photocopying service on nondigital photocopy equipment without performing traditional printing activities--are classified in U.S. Industry 561439, Other Business Service Centers (including Copy Shops);
- Printing with lithographic equipment known as commercial lithographic printers--are classified in U.S. Industry 323110, Commercial Lithographic Printing; and
- Digital printing on graphical material--are classified in U.S. Industry 323115, Digital Printing.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Commercial quick printing
- Instant printing (i.e., quick printing)
- Print shops, quick
- Printing, quick
- Quick printing
- Stationery, quick printing, on a job-order basis