2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing petroleum products (except asphalt paving, roofing and saturated materials) from refined petroleum or coal products made in coke ovens not integrated with a steel mill.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing petroleum products by refining crude petroleum--are classified in Industry 32411, Petroleum Refineries;
- Manufacturing asphalt and tar paving, roofing, and saturated materials from refined petroleum--are classified in Industry 32412, Asphalt Paving, Roofing, and Saturated Materials Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing coke oven products in steel mills--are classified in Industry 33111, Iron and Steel Mills and Ferroalloy Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing acyclic and cyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (i.e., petrochemicals) from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons--are classified in Industry 32511, Petrochemical Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing cyclic and acyclic organic chemicals (except petrochemicals)--are classified in Industry 32519, Other Basic Organic Chemical Manufacturing; and
- Manufacturing synthetic lubricating oils and greases--are classified in Industry 32599, All Other Chemical Product and Preparation Manufacturing.