2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in one or more of the following: (1) manufacturing nitrogenous fertilizer materials and mixing ingredients into fertilizers; (2) manufacturing fertilizers from sewage or animal waste; and (3) manufacturing nitrogenous materials and mixing them into fertilizers.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in mixing ingredients made elsewhere into nitrogenous fertilizers are classified in U.S. Industry 325314, Fertilizer (Mixing Only) Manufacturing.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Ammonia, anhydrous and aqueous, manufacturing
- Ammonium nitrate manufacturing
- Ammonium sulfate manufacturing
- Anhydrous ammonia manufacturing
- Fertilizers, mixed, made in plants producing nitrogenous fertilizer materials
- Fertilizers, natural organic (except compost), manufacturing
- Fertilizers, of animal waste origin, manufacturing
- Fertilizers, of sewage origin, manufacturing
- Nitric acid manufacturing
- Nitrogenous fertilizer materials manufacturing
- Plant foods, mixed, made in plants producing nitrogenous fertilizer materials
- Urea manufacturing