2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in laminating plastics profile shapes such as plate, sheet (except packaging), and rod. The lamination process generally involves bonding or impregnating profiles with plastics resins and compressing them under heat.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing plastics film, plastics unlaminated sheet, and plastics bags--are classified in Industry 32611, Plastics Packaging Materials and Unlaminated Film and Sheet Manufacturing; and
- Coating or laminating nonplastics film, sheet, or bags with plastics--are classified in Industry 32222, Paper Bag and Coated and Treated Paper Manufacturing.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Laminated plastics plate, rod, and sheet, manufacturing
- Plate, laminated plastics, manufacturing
- Profile shapes (e.g., plate, rod, sheet), laminated plastics, manufacturing
- Rod, laminated plastics, manufacturing
- Sheet, laminated plastics (except flexible packaging), manufacturing