2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in shaping, molding, glazing, and firing pottery, ceramics, and plumbing fixtures made entirely or partly of clay or other ceramic materials.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing ferrite microwave devices and electronic components--are classified in Subsector 334, Computer and Electronic Product Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing enameled iron and steel plumbing fixtures--are classified in Industry 33299, All Other Fabricated Metal Product Manufacturing; Manufacturing metal bathroom accessories--are classified in
- Subsector 332, Fabricated Metal Product Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing plastic bathroom accessories, cultured marble, and other plastic plumbing fixtures--are classified in Industry 32619, Other Plastics Product Manufacturing; and
- Manufacturing clay building materials, such as ceramic tile, bricks, and clay roofing tiles, and refractories--are classified in Industry 32712, Clay Building Material and Refractories Manufacturing.