2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing portland, natural, masonry, pozzolanic, and other hydraulic cements. Cement manufacturing establishments may calcine earths or mine, quarry, manufacture, or purchase lime.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Mining or quarrying limestone--are classified in U.S. Industry 212312, Crushed and Broken Limestone Mining and Quarrying;
- Manufacturing lime--are classified in Industry 327410, Lime Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing ready-mix concrete--are classified in Industry 327320, Ready-Mix Concrete Manufacturing; and
- Manufacturing dry mix concrete--are classified in U.S. Industry 327999, All Other Miscellaneous Nonmetallic Mineral Product Manufacturing.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Cement (e.g., hydraulic, masonry, portland, pozzolana) manufacturing
- Cement clinker manufacturing
- Natural (i.e., calcined earth) cement manufacturing