2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments, such as batch plants or mix plants, primarily engaged in manufacturing concrete delivered to a purchaser in a plastic and unhardened state. Ready-mix concrete manufacturing establishments may mine, quarry, or purchase sand and gravel.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Operating sand or gravel pits--are classified in U.S. Industry 212321, Construction Sand and Gravel Mining; and
- Manufacturing dry mix concrete--are classified in U.S. Industry 327999, All Other Miscellaneous Nonmetallic Mineral Product Manufacturing.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Central-mixed concrete manufacturing
- Concrete batch plants (including temporary)
- Ready-mix concrete manufacturing and distributing
- Transit-mixed concrete manufacturing
- Truck-mixed concrete manufacturing