2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing lime from calcitic limestone, dolomitic limestone, or other calcareous materials, such as coral, chalk, and shells. Lime manufacturing establishments may mine, quarry, collect, or purchase the sources of calcium carbonate.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing dolomite refractories are classified in U.S. Industry 327125, Nonclay Refractory Manufacturing.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Agricultural lime manufacturing
- Calcium hydroxide (i.e., hydrated lime) manufacturing
- Calcium oxide (i.e., quicklime) manufacturing
- Dolomite, dead-burned, manufacturing
- Dolomitic lime manufacturing
- Hydrated lime (i.e., calcium hydroxide) manufacturing
- Lime production
- Quicklime (i.e., calcium oxide) manufacturing