2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in pouring molten aluminum into molds to manufacture aluminum castings. Establishments in this industry purchase aluminum made in other establishments.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing aluminum die-castings--are classified in U.S. Industry 331521, Aluminum Die-Casting Foundries; and
- Manufacturing aluminum or aluminum alloy castings and further manufacturing them into finished products--are classified based on the specific finished product.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Aluminum castings (except die-castings), unfinished, manufacturing
- Aluminum foundries (except die-casting)
- Castings (except die-castings), unfinished, aluminum, manufacturing
- Foundries, aluminum (except die-casting)
- Investment castings, aluminum, unfinished, manufacturing
- Permanent mold castings, aluminum, unfinished, manufacturing
- Sand castings, aluminum, unfinished, manufacturing