2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing unfinished metal stampings and spinning unfinished metal products (except crowns, cans, closures, automotive, and coins). Establishments making metal stampings and metal spun products and further manufacturing (e.g., machining, assembling) a specific product are classified in the industry of the finished product. Metal stamping and metal spun products establishments may perform surface finishing operations, such as cleaning and deburring, on the products they manufacture.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Stamping automotive stampings--are classified in Industry 336370, Motor Vehicle Metal Stamping;
- Stamping metal crowns and closures--are classified in U.S. Industry 332115, Crown and Closure Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing metal cans--are classified in U.S. Industry 332431, Metal Can Manufacturing; and
- Stamping coins--are classified in U.S. Industry 339911, Jewelry (except Costume) Manufacturing.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Metal stampings (except automotive, cans, cooking, closures, crowns), unfinished, manufacturing
- Spinning unfinished metal products
- Stampings (except automotive, cans, cooking, closures, crowns), metal, unfinished, manufacturing