2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing one or more of the following: (1) prefabricated metal buildings, panels and sections; (2) structural metal products; and (3) metal plate work products.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Making manufactured homes (i.e., mobile homes) and prefabricated wood buildings--are classified in Industry 32199, All Other Wood Product Manufacturing;
- Constructing buildings, bridges, and other heavy construction projects on site--are classified in Sector 23, Construction;
- Building ships, boats, and barges--are classified in Industry 33661, Ship and Boat Building;
- Manufacturing power boilers and heat exchangers--are classified in Industry 33241, Power Boiler and Heat Exchanger Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing heavy gauge tanks--are classified in Industry 33242, Metal Tank (Heavy Gauge) Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing metal plate cooling towers--are classified in Industry 33341, Ventilation, Heating, Air-Conditioning, and Commercial Refrigeration Equipment Manufacturing; and
- Manufacturing metal windows, doors, and studs--are classified in Industry 33232, Ornamental and Architectural Metal Products Manufacturing.