2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing one or more of the following: (1) metal framed windows (i.e., typically using purchased glass) and metal doors; (2) sheet metal work; and (3) ornamental and architectural metal products.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing metal covered (i.e., clad) wood windows and doors--are classified in Industry 32191, Millwork;
- Manufacturing bins, cans, vats, and light tanks of sheet metal--are classified in Industry 33243, Metal Can, Box, and Other Metal Container (Light Gauge) Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing prefabricated metal buildings, panels, and sections--are classified in Industry 33231, Plate Work and Fabricated Structural Product Manufacturing; Fabricating sheet metal work on site--are classified in
- Subsector 238, Specialty Trade Contractors;
- Manufacturing metal stampings (except automotive, coins) and custom roll forming products--are classified in Industry 33211, Forging and Stamping;
- Manufacturing automotive stampings--are classified in Industry 33637, Motor Vehicle Metal Stamping; and
- Stamping coins--are classified in Industry 33991, Jewelry and Silverware Manufacturing.