2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing oil and gas field and underground mining machinery and equipment.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing offshore oil and gas well drilling and production floating platforms--are classified in Industry 33661, Ship and Boat Building;
- Manufacturing surface mining machinery and equipment--are classified in Industry 33312, Construction Machinery Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing coal and ore conveyors--are classified in Industry 33392, Material Handling Equipment Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing underground mining locomotives--are classified in Industry 33651, Railroad Rolling Stock Manufacturing; and
- Manufacturing pumps and pumping equipment--are classified in Industry 33391, Pump and Compressor Manufacturing.