2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing turbines, power transmission equipment, and internal combustion engines (except automotive gasoline and aircraft).
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing motor vehicle power transmission equipment--are classified in Industry 33635, Motor Vehicle Transmission and Power Train Parts Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing aircraft engines and aircraft power transmission equipment--are classified in Industry 33641, Aerospace Product and Parts Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing ball and roller bearings--are classified in Industry 33299, All Other Fabricated Metal Product Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing gasoline automotive engines--are classified in Industry 33631, Motor Vehicle Gasoline Engine and Engine Parts Manufacturing; and
- Manufacturing electric power transmission, electric power distribution equipment, generators, or prime mover generator sets (except turbines)--are classified in Industry 33531, Electrical Equipment Manufacturing.