2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing gears, speed changers, and industrial high-speed drives (except hydrostatic).
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing motor vehicle power transmission equipment--are classified in Industry 336350, Motor Vehicle Transmission and Power Train Parts Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing aircraft power transmission equipment--are classified in U.S. Industry 336413, Other Aircraft Parts and Auxiliary Equipment Manufacturing; and
- Manufacturing industrial hydrostatic transmissions--are classified in U.S. Industry 333996, Fluid Power Pump and Motor Manufacturing.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Drives, high-speed industrial (except hydrostatic), manufacturing
- Gearmotors (i.e., power transmission equipment) manufacturing
- Gears, power transmission (except aircraft, motor vehicle), manufacturing
- Motors, gear, manufacturing
- Reducers, speed, manufacturing
- Reduction gears and gear units (except aircraft power transmission equipment, automotive) manufacturing
- Speed changers (i.e., power transmission equipment) manufacturing
- Speed reducers (i.e., power transmission equipment) manufacturing