2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing semiconductors and other components for electronic applications. Examples of products made by these establishments are capacitors, resistors, microprocessors, bare and loaded printed circuit boards, electron tubes, electronic connectors, and computer modems.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing X-ray tubes--are classified in Industry 33451, Navigational, Measuring, Electromedical, and Control Instruments Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing glass blanks for electron tubes--are classified in Industry 32721, Glass and Glass Product Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing telephone system components or modules--are classified in Industry 33421, Telephone Apparatus Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing finished products that incorporate loaded printed circuit boards--are classified in the Manufacturing sector based on the production process of making the final product;
- Manufacturing communications antennas--are classified in Industry 33422, Radio and Television Broadcasting and Wireless Communications Equipment Manufacturing; and
- Manufacturing coils, switches, transformers, connectors, capacitors, rheostats, and similar devices for electrical applications--are classified in Subsector 335, Electrical Equipment, Appliance, and Component Manufacturing.