2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in loading components onto printed circuit boards or who manufacture and ship loaded printed circuit boards. Also known as printed circuit assemblies, electronics assemblies, or modules, these products are printed circuit boards that have some or all of the semiconductor and electronic components inserted or mounted and are inputs to a wide variety of electronic systems and devices.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing printed circuit laminates--are classified in U.S. Industry 334419, Other Electronic Component Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing bare printed circuit boards--are classified in U.S. Industry 334412, Bare Printed Circuit Board Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing telephone system components or modules--are classified in Industry 334210, Telephone Apparatus Manufacturing; and
- Manufacturing finished products that incorporate loaded printed circuit boards--are classified in the Manufacturing sector based on the production process of making the final product.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Loaded computer boards manufacturing
- Loading printed circuit boards
- Memory boards manufacturing
- Peripheral controller boards manufacturing
- Personal computer modems manufacturing
- Printed circuit assemblies manufacturing
- Printed circuit boards loading