2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in mass reproducing audio and video material on magnetic or optical media. Examples of products mass reproduced by these establishments are prerecorded audio compact discs, audio and video cassettes, and digital video discs (DVDs).
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Designing, developing, and publishing prepackaged software--are classified in Industry 511210, Software Publishers;
- Audio, motion picture and/or video production and/or distribution--are classified in Subsector 512, Motion Picture and Sound Recording Industries; and
- Manufacturing blank audio and video tape, blank diskettes, and blank optical discs--are classified in U.S. Industry 334613, Magnetic and Optical Recording Media Manufacturing.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Cassette tapes, pre-recorded audio, mass reproducing
- Compact discs, prerecorded audio, mass reproducing
- Laser disks, prerecorded video, mass reproducing
- Phonograph records manufacturing
- Pre-recorded magnetic audio tapes and cassettes mass reproducing
- Video cassettes, pre-recorded, mass reproducing
- Video tape or disk mass reproducing