2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing power, distribution, and specialty transformers; electric motors, generators, and motor generator sets; switchgear and switchboard apparatus; relays; and industrial controls.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing turbine generator set units and electric outboard motors--are classified in Industry 33361, Engine, Turbine, and Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing electronic component-type transformers and switches--are classified in Industry 33441, Semiconductor and Other Electronic Component Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing environmental controls and industrial process control instruments--are classified in Industry 33451, Navigational, Measuring, Electromedical, and Control Instruments Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing switches for electrical circuits, such as pushbutton and snap switches--are classified in Industry 33593, Wiring Device Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing complete welding and soldering equipment--are classified in Industry 33399, All Other General Purpose Machinery Manufacturing; and
- Manufacturing starting motors and generators for internal combustion engines--are classified in Industry 33632, Motor Vehicle Electrical and Electronic Equipment Manufacturing.