2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing insulated wire and cable of nonferrous metals from purchased wire.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing cable sets consisting of insulated wire and various connectors for electronic applications--are classified in U.S. Industry 334419, Other Electronic Component Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing extension cords, appliance cords, and similar electrical cord sets from purchased insulated wire--are classified in U.S. Industry 335999, All Other Miscellaneous Electrical Equipment and Component Manufacturing;
- Drawing and insulating copper wire in the same establishment--are classified in U.S. Industry 331422, Copper Wire (except Mechanical) Drawing;
- Drawing and insulating aluminum wire in the same establishment--are classified in U.S. Industry 331319, Other Aluminum Rolling and Drawing; and
- Drawing nonferrous wire (except copper and aluminum)--are classified in U.S. Industry 331491, Nonferrous Metal (except Copper and Aluminum) Rolling, Drawing, and Extruding.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Cable, nonferrous, insulated, or armored, made from purchased nonferrous wire
- Coaxial cable, nonferrous, made from purchased nonferrous wire
- Communications wire and cable, nonferrous, made from purchased nonferrous wire
- Insulating purchased nonferrous wire