2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in (1) manufacturing complete automobiles (i.e., body and chassis or unibody) or (2) manufacturing automobile chassis only.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing car bodies and assembling vehicles on a purchased chassis and manufacturing kit cars for highway use are classified in U.S. Industry 336211, Motor Vehicle Body Manufacturing.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Assembly plants, passenger car, on chassis of own manufacture
- Automobiles assembling on chassis of own manufacture
- Cars, electric, for highway use, assembling on chassis of own manufacture
- Chassis, automobile, manufacturing
- Electric automobiles for highway use manufacturing
- Hearses assembling on chassis of own manufacture