2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in (1) manufacturing motor homes on purchased chassis and/or (2) manufacturing conversion vans on an assembly line basis. Motor homes are units where the motor and the living quarters are integrated in the same unit.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing light duty motor homes chassis and assembling complete motor homes--are classified in U.S. Industry 336112, Light Truck and Utility Vehicle Manufacturing;
- Customizing automotive vehicle and trailer interiors (i.e., van conversions) on an individual basis--are classified in U.S. Industry 811121, Automotive Body, Paint, and Interior Repair and Maintenance; and
- Producing manufactured homes (i.e., mobile homes)--are classified in U.S. Industry 321991, Manufactured Home (Mobile Home) Manufacturing.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Assembly line conversions of purchased vans and mini-vans
- Motor homes, self-contained, assembling on purchased chassis
- Van and minivan conversions on purchased chassis