2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing and/or rebuilding motor vehicle gasoline engines, and engine parts, whether or not for vehicular use.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing wiring harnesses and other vehicular electrical and electronic equipment--are classified in Industry 33632, Motor Vehicle Electrical and Electronic Equipment Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing transmission and power train equipment--are classified in Industry 33635, Motor Vehicle Transmission and Power Train Parts Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing radiators--are classified in Industry 33639, Other Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing steering and suspension components--are classified in Industry 33633, Motor Vehicle Steering and Suspension Components (except Spring) Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing parts for machine repair and equipment parts (except electric) on a job or shop basis--are classified in Industry 33271, Machine Shops;
- Manufacturing rubber and plastic belts and hoses without fittings--are classified in Industry 32622, Rubber and Plastics Hoses and Belting Manufacturing; and
- Manufacturing stationary and diesel engines--are classified in Industry 33361, Engine, Turbine, and Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing.