2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in (1) manufacturing vehicular lighting and/or (2) manufacturing and/or rebuilding motor vehicle electrical and electronic equipment. The products made can be used for all types of transportation equipment (i.e., aircraft, automobiles, trains, ships).
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing automotive lamps--are classified in Industry 33511, Electric Lamp Bulb and Part Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing batteries--are classified in Industry 33591, Battery Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing electric motors for motor vehicles (including electric vehicles)--are classified in Industry 33531, Electrical Equipment Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing railway traffic control signals and passenger car alarms--are classified in Industry 33429, Other Communications Equipment Manufacturing; and
- Manufacturing car stereos--are classified in Industry 33431, Audio and Video Equipment Manufacturing.