2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in (1) manufacturing, engraving, chasing, and etching costume jewelry; and/or (2) manufacturing, engraving, chasing, or etching nonprecious metal personal goods (i.e., small articles carried on or about the person, such as compacts or cigarette cases). This industry includes establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing precious plated jewelry and precious plated personal goods.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing, engraving, chasing, or etching precious (except precious plated) metal jewelry and novelties--are classified in U.S. Industry 339911, Jewelry (except Costume) Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing personal goods (except metal) carried on or about the person, such as compacts and cigarette cases--are classified in U.S. Industry 316993, Personal Leather Good (except Women's Handbag and Purse); and
- Manufacturing synthetic stones--are classified in U.S. Industry 327999, All Other Miscellaneous Nonmetallic Mineral Product Manufacturing.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Cases, jewelry, metal (except precious), manufacturing
- Costume jewelry manufacturing
- Engraving and/or etching costume jewelry
- Jewelry, costume, manufacturing
- Pearls, costume, manufacturing
- Personal goods, metal (except precious), manufacturing
- Watch bands, metal (except precious), manufacturing